Wednesday 4 June 2008

Lily Allen - Lily Allen Responds To Cannes Reports On Blog

Lily Allen has responded angrily to tabloid rumours that she had indulged in over-the-top partying while at the Cannes film festival.

The Smile star had been photographed swimming topless and some commentators had claimed she had been removed from a festival attendee's yacht for bad behaviour.

However, in a new blog on the MySpace page which shot her to fame in 2005, Allen has hit back at claims she was out of control while in the south of France.

"I don't really like to respond to things I read about myself in the press," she said, "but, for the record I was not thrown off anybody's yacht in Cannes, occasionally I drink wine with lunch and yes I swim topless.

"This in my book is not embarrassing behaviour - I'm 23 years old."

Reports had also suggested the singer was attempting to rekindle her relationship with Chemical Brothers star Ed Simons, with whom she split earlier this year.

The former Bedales pupil dismissed tabloid reports on her blog on Friday, stressing: "I went for lunch with my ex-boyfriend yesterday, lunch."

She continued: "I am not some failed baby-making machine desperately to trying to win my man back," making reference to the miscarriage she suffered shortly before her and Simons' split.

"No one knows anything about my relationships. Ed and I are friends, who went for lunch yesterday, that's it."

Allen added: "I work very hard at what I do, yes I like a drink and yes I have my bad days, but that doesn't mean I'm out of control. I'm perfectly capable of looking after myself thank you very much."

The young star also revealed that she is currently finishing off her second album with the help of producer Mark Ronson.


24/05/2008 09:59:07




See Also